SOLUTIONS TAILORED TO YOU
Whether it is a planned alteration, diversion or a temporary repair that cannot be carried out while your pipeline is under pressure, we can provide a full range of line stopping solutions tailored to your polyethylene or metallic pipeline requirements.
We isolate your gas and water pipelines for safe planned or emergency work…
For continuity of supply to your customers, we build a by-pass while work is carried out on your pipeline.
We work with partners Flow Stop Services to offer specialist and innovative solutions that are designed to cater for all pipe diameters and material for a safe, planned approach to the isolation of a section of your pipeline.
Our teams are proficient and experienced with all modern approaches to flow stopping with the right equipment to offer the right solution to your pipeline specification.
Flow Stopping Solutions
Inflatable Bag Stop
Specifically designed for low pressure gas mains, we carry out bag stop services on metallic and PE pipelines, using our special electrofusion branch saddles or metallic tees to deploy the bag stop equipment within the pipeline.
- Removes the need for squeeze-off on PE pipelines
- Robust GIS/E20 bags for maximum safety
- Available from 90 to 630mm on PE pipelines
- Up to 42″ for metallic mains
Now approved for PE pipes
The latest innovative line stopping solution for medium pressure gas pipelines by Radius Subterra.
The Radius Subterra MLS line stop has been developed to offer a smart time and cost-saving solution for flow-stopping operations on metallic pipelines up to 16″ for medium pressure applications.
Our technology is now also available for PE gas mains.
The technology uses low profile under pressure tees for metallic pipes and branch saddles for PE, that are quick and easy to install to facilitate equipment installation and the deployment of our specially designed robust inflatable bags.
- Installation time saving against existing systems – at least 1 day
- Increased safety – no need for lifting aids as equipment is lightweight
- No need to concrete the tee after equipment removal
- Full valve retrieval
- Overall operation cost savings
A unique and complete folding head plugging flow stop system developed by Radius Subterra, our stoppling operations are carried out to isolate metallic and polyethylene pipelines up to 2 bar gas and 10 bar for water mains.
Continuity of supply is maintained through the construction of a by-pass to reduce disruption to customers.
- For gas and water applications
- Up to 500 mm PE and 36” metallic
- Ideal for non-standard size PE pipes used as a liner inside an existing main.
- Wide outlet branch saddles that facilitate equipment deployment
- A flow stop technique with the smallest operational footprint
IRIS Line Stop
Specifically used to isolate medium pressure gas and water metallic and PE pipelines, our IRIS line stop equipment is deployed through access points drilled into the main or through the outlet of our unique branch saddles when working on PE pipelines.
The technique consists of an expanding fan (or IRIS), that opens after deployment and supports inflatable bag stoppers that are used in this particular line stopping solution
- For gas and water applications
- Up to 36” metallic and xxx PE
Squeeze-off for PE Pipes
Specific to line stopping of PE gas and water mains, squeeze-off is a technique that uses the elastic nature of polyethylene by compressing the pipe between parallel bars to stop the flow of gas or water and isolate the pipeline, while connections or repairs are carried out.
- Available on PE gas and water pipe up to 500 mm
- By-pass construction for zero interruption to supply
We’ve earned a reputation as the go-to experts in our field, but don’t take our word for it...
When it comes to choosing the right supplier we know nothing says more than what our customers think of our services.
Want to find out more?
If you would like more information or want to speak to one of our experts, we’re here to help.